MATERIAL LIST FOR THE FOLLOWING CLASSES:
1) Watercolor Miskit Batik Method: Sunflowers (#2715)
2) Watercolor Workshop: Reflection, Water, & Skies (#8440)
Instructor: Gayle Rappaport – Weiland
Remember don’t let the material list overwhelm you. These are all suggestions get close. E-mail or call instructor if you are concerned. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (805) 295-6690
Brushes: sizes of brushes are suggestions
• #2 bristle brush
• 1 inch square or flat aquarelle (beveled edge used in place of a palette knife)
• 2 inch inexpensive pastry brush, or 2 inch flat brush or hake ( to apply washes)
• #4 rigor, script, or liner brush (long and thin)
• #10 round brush (optional)
• Round and small inexpensive miskit/maskoid fluid brush
• Palette knife (credit card , nail clipper, emery board, pocket knife will work)
Pigments: Q0R/ Grumbacher/ Winsor Newton/ American Journey student grade is a good start
Primary colors: Red, Yellow, Blue and Sepia work for class. Color suggestions below:
• New Gambouge (yellow)
• Burnt Sienna (Rust)
• French Ultramarine Blue or Prussian Blue or Indigo
• Winsor Blue or Antwerp Blue
• Cerulean Blue or Magnesium Blue
• Alizarin Crimson or Rose Madder
• Cadium Orange
• Winsor Red or Grumbacher Red Medium or QoR Cad Red Medium
Optional/Extra Fun Colors: Sap Green, Viridian Green, Winsor Green, Permanent Rose, Yellow Ochre, Cobalt Blue, Quinarcridone Red
Papers: 140lb. or 300lb. Dearcher’s acid free rough watercolor paper (available to purchase at class) paper can be purchased by the sheet so you can experiment.
Palette: White with sections for painting and mixing (non-absorbent). A melmac or Styrofoam plate is a good start.
Extra Items: 2 water containers, toothbrush, toilet paper, table salt, paint rag, (art masking fluid, miskit or maskoid), masking tape, (masonite board or something non-absorbent to tape your paper on), favorite photo’s to give you inspiration, kneaded eraser, HB pencil, small piece of sponge, rubber cement pick–up, small soap.
Optional: permanent marker (fine tip) required for pen and ink class, cheese cloth (gauze)
Click the 2715_8440.pdf icon below to download a PDF of this Watercolor Material List.